10 Places for Back-to-School Clothes and Shoes Shopping
Back-to-school clothes need to be affordable, comfortable, appropriate, meet the requirements of a child’s critical eye, and get a parent’s seal of approval. Here is a list of ten stores to help you find clothes that fit the bill.
- Target. Whether your school requires uniforms or not, Target has you covered. Socks, undergarments, shoes, pants, skirts, tops. You can find it all, in a variety of sizes, at Target. Order online or shop in the store, but don’t forget to use your Target card to save 5% off your purchases.
- Old Navy. Old Navy offers jeans, fun t-shirts, and school uniforms at prices families can afford. Be sure to check their website for various promotions and specials.
- Carters. The website offers a variety of promotions at different times, including free shipping and discount pricing which can really help you save a great deal of money. Carters sizes are limited — from newborn to size 8.
- Payless Shoe Source. Make sure your child’s shoes are comfortable and suitable for p.e. class. Find a variety of styles and sizes at Payless. Additionally, if you show your AAA card, you can save 10% on regularly priced merchandise.
- Crazy 8. Crazy 8 offers girls and boys clothes in sizes up to 14. They can be found in several shopping centers including the Glendale Galleria and the Westfield Culver City. Check the website for special promotions and discounts that will allow you to save even more on the assortment of styles they offer.
- Costco. While you’re stocking up on supplies for school lunches at this membership super store, don’t forget to check out the clothing options at Costco. You can find exceptional prices on jackets, socks, and jeans. (Just remember there’s no fitting room and if you see something you like, buy it the first time you see it, because it may not be there on your return trip).
- Brooks Shoes for Kids. This is the store to visit if you think your child may need a different size shoe and you want an expert to measure your chid’s foot and give you some guidance. You can find them in several shopping centers including the Westside Pavilion and the Westfield Century City.
- Gymboree. Head to Gymboree if your child is elementary-school aged. You can find staples such as polo shirts and cardigans as well as special collections such as “Animal Party” featuring zebra stripes or “Backyard Explorer” featuring lots of plaids.
- The Children’s Place. The Children’s Place offers a big selection for clothing up to size 14. You can find school uniforms; jeans; NFL, MLB, and NBA logo clothing; jackets; shoes; and accessories. They also have their own credit card which will allow you to save 5% off every purchase you make with the card.
- JCPenney. They’ve been in business for over one hundred years so they know what you need for back-to-school. Shop for the whole family in one location, from shoes and socks, to undergarments, to pants, shirts, and backpacks.
And don’t forget to make sure your purchases adhere to your school’s dress code. For example, some schools require socks and shoes everyday and don’t allow sandals of any kind. Some schools prohibit spaghetti-strap tank tops, and some schools insist that shorts be knee-length.