This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, once you click through, you will not be charged any additional fees, but we will be paid a commission by the advertiser. As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting MomsLA.com.
Are you ready for the return of Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez, and the crew?
You know we are! We’ve been sharing all the details about Cars 3 straight from our friends at Disney PIXAR and now have something essential for the Cars fan in your life.
Get ready for your new favorite racing game, Cars 3: Driven to Win!
About Cars 3: Driven to Win, the Cars 3 Video Game
Cars 3: Driven to Win is an action-packed, story-driven video game with all the Cars characters and scenes you remember. Fans will appreciate the authenticity of Radiator Springs and Florida International Speedway, and of course the character personalities and humor you loved from Cars and Cars 2.
There’s so much to enjoy game-wise as well, from customization of your racecar to fun features on the tracks, to a goal page where players can check off their skills. Players can customize their chosen cars down to the wheels and horn sound! Race on 20 tracks with 6 game modes for hours and hours of play:
- Race — Players can hop onto the tracks and race against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Stunt Showcase — Players can race off of ramps to catch air and perform as many tricks as possible before time runs out, earning points for successful tricks and safe landings.
- Best Lap Challenge — Players can race against their own best time, as they attempt to set a new track record.
- Playground — An area where players can go racing, perform stunts and engage in challenges, or simply drive around for fun at their own pace. There are no rules!
- Takedown — Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible, and when time runs out, the player with the most points wins.
- Battle Race — Players are able to collect and use power-ups, putting their cars to the test in races against family and friends to become the Ultimate Champion.
Recently, my kids and I were treated to a sneak preview of Cars 3: Driven to Win. We were first given the lowdown on the game by Cars 3: Driven to Win video game designer, Troy Johnson. It was a treat to learn about the game from the inside and how much work and research goes into such an undertaking. Programmers take this seriously!
Then my kids eagerly picked up the controllers and got to racing. They enjoyed all of it — the customizing, the graphics, and especially the humor of the commentary. The Cars 3: Driven to Win game was easy to navigate, even with all the different levels and options available to them.
My son only recently gained an interest in gaming, and he hasn’t found his favorite racing game yet. He especially enjoyed the Takedown and Battle Race modes, where he could crash into other cars and shoot rockets at his opponents (Troy, and his sister). I definitely see this becoming the game they choose to play together, to compete with their stunt skills and speed (and probably some crashing into each other along the way). We can’t wait to get our copy!