It took me about 20 minutes of driving this car to fall in love with it.
I got a chance to borrow the 2022 Bolt EUV Premier for a week and I really enjoyed driving it around. I want to own an electric car, so every chance I get to try them, I take.
This plug-in electric vehicle gets an EPA-estimated 247 miles on a full charge, has room for 5 and gear, an impressive tech and audio package, and even comes with available Super Cruise, which is “…the first true hands-free driving technology for compatible roads,” although I’ll admit I did not try that.
It was also a terrific “electric” blue!
I’m someone who doesn’t drive often, nor do I drive long distances often, but I still want to enjoy driving when I do. I have a few things on my must-have list for a vehicle, and the Chevy Bolt EUV has a lot of them.
8 Things I Love About the Chevy Bolt EUV
1. Electric Vehicle = no Gas needed
The Bolt EUV is a plug-in electric vehicle, so for the week I got to drive it, I didn’t need to buy gas, and at the current prices, you already know how much money I saved. In fact, because I kept to short trips, I didn’t even need to charge the battery the entire week of the loan. Extra bonus savings!
2. Comfortable and Adjustable Driver’s Seat for Good Height
I’ve driven cars over the years that had uncomfortable seats, and I’ve realized how important it is to not only be comfortable, but to really enjoy the experience. Whether you’re going to be sitting in the car for a few minutes or a couple of hours, comfort matters. This vehicle lets you adjust lumbar support, the angle of reclining, and – especially important to someone short-ish like me – the height. I appreciate being able to sit higher in the car and see better.
3. Good Visibility
The Chevy Bolt EUV has great visibility, which is enhanced and helped by the adjustable seat, but it’s also just the design, which allows me to see a majority of the views around me and avoid blind spots. Super important!
4. Rear Camera and Overhead “Camera”
The back-up camera system in the vehicle is terrific, and I’m a big fan of the overhead “camera” display as well. It feels like magic, and I did wonder how the car managed to show me all that! Was there a tiny drone flying over me at all times? Obviously, I’m kidding, and I’m sure there’s a perfectly rational tech explanation for it, but however they make it work is all right with me. Super helpful for parking and navigating my way out of my driveway or parking on the street.
5. Audio System, Tech package, and Optional Sirius XM
Besides being used for navigation, the display also allows you to view your audio choices and connect to your phone, so you can play your own music, answer calls, listen to podcasts. Or if you choose the optional Sirius XM radio subscription, you can spend your driving time listening to anything from Classical music to Sports Talk Radio to the greatest hits from the 70s. Another aspect that makes the car fun to drive.
6. Small but Big Enough
From the outside, the Chevy Bolt EUV looks like a tiny car, which is great for getting into parking spots in Los Angeles. But it’s plenty big inside. The back seat leg room works for my tall family members, and the seats are just as comfortable there as in the front. Plus the hatch area holds a bunch of gear, groceries, or luggage, and there’s a covered section for hiding some of your more precious gear.
7. Perfect for Local Driving
I work from home, and that means I’m not commuting every day, nor do I even drive very far for occasional trips that often. So I’m one of those people you’ve read about whose car trips are generally all within a 3-mile radius of my house. I walk to do my errands when I can, but sometimes that doesn’t work, like when I’m grocery shopping for the week and wouldn’t be able to carry everything home. This all makes me one of the ideal owners of an electric vehicle. Each trip uses very little battery power, meaning I spend $0 at the pump, and I hardly ever need to plug in and charge.
8. Guilt-free Sunday Drive
Like I said, most of the driving I do is to the grocery store, to the bank, and to my kids’ school, etc. – all close by and all of which use very little energy for the car. But every once in a while, my family and I like to go out for a “Sunday Drive.” It’s rare, but a fun change of pace. Driving a gas-powered vehicle to go out sight-seeing, like driving along the Pacific Coast Highway, always makes me feel a little bit guilty – ok maybe a lot guilty – for contributing to pollution. But driving around in the Chevy Bolt EUV was not only a pleasure in terms of the seat comfort and listening experience, but it was Guilt-free! No emissions, no guilt. And really fun!
More About the 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
- Driver Display Screens: These screens gather key information — such as driving behaviors, road conditions and weather — and pinpoint exactly how it may impact your range.
- Connectivity: Connect multiple devices through the in-car Wi-Fi Hotspot and compatible Apple CarPlay®, Android AutoTM, and myChevrolet Mobile App with Energy Assist.
- Spacious Cargo Room: Features a False Cargo Floor for storage and includes 60/40 Folding Seats and Flat-Folding Seats.
- Charging Capability: Compatible with Level 1, Level 2 and DC Fast Chargers, with a range of 247 miles on a full charge.
- myChevrolet Mobile App with Energy Assist: Access through the MyChevrolet app with Energy Assist lets you find charging on the go at over 40,000 stations and even the ability to identify compliant stations.
- Bolt EUV/EV Home Charging Installation Offer: In collaboration with Qmerit, Chevy will cover standard installation of Level 2 charging outlet for eligible customers who purchase or lease a 2022 Bolt EUV or EV. More information can be found on Chevrolet.com or Chevy MyWay.
- Power & Torque: Single-motor drive unit that delivers 200 horsepower (150 kW) and 266 lb-ft (360 Nm) of near-instant torque
- Regen on Demand: Regen on Demand allows the driver to convert kinetic energy into energy stored within the battery for future use by simply pulling on a steering wheel-mounted paddle.
- One Pedal Driving: Lets the driver speed up, slow down and even come to a complete stop using only the accelerator pedal.
- Super Cruise: Super Cruise is the first true hands-free driving technology for compatible roads, with a growing network of over 200,000 miles of compatible roads throughout the United States and Canada. For more information please visit Chevrolet.com.
Sarah Auerswald is the founder of MomsLA.com. She was loaned a 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV and given information about the vehicle to share. All opinions of the driving experience are her own.