Bright Star Schools, a network of high-performing, charter public schools across Los Angeles, provides holistic, inclusive support, rigorous academics, and rich life experiences for our students to find joy and fulfillment in higher education, career, and life.
Founded in 2003, Bright Star Schools operates some of the highest performing charter public schools in Los Angeles. We’re building pathways of seamless, high-quality, kindergarten-through-12th grade public educational models and higher education support.
In nine, tuition-free public schools in three communities, our 3,500+ students experience rigorous academics, inclusive education, social-emotional support, and rich life opportunities beyond the classroom.
Our schools in West Adams/Baldwin Village are Stella Elementary Charter Academy, Stella Middle Charter Academy and Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy.
Our schools in Koreatown are Rise Kohyang Elementary School, Rise Kohyang Middle School and Rise Kohyang High School.
Our schools in the San Fernando Valley are Valor Academy Elementary School, Valor Academy Middle School, and Valor Academy High School.
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (“CNCA”) is a small network of seven high-performing, community-based, free public schools serving students from preschool through 12th grade. Our schools are recognized for providing a research-based curriculum with integrated support systems and stand-out enrichment offerings like our bilingual program option, music and dance enrichment, and college awareness and readiness support starting from the beginning. We are proud of our success and excited to welcome new students to our seven different campuses.
Our application window is open from October 12, 2021 to January 28, 2022. When more applications are received than space, we will hold a public lottery event on Friday, February 11, 2022. Our schools are tuition-free and open to all! There are no residential restrictions. School hours are typically from 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with before and after school and extracurricular activities available starting at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 6 p.m. daily.
Enrollment Reminders and Details
• All new students (including siblings) must apply to enroll at CNCA
• When more applications are received than space, a public lottery event will take place on Feb. 28
• Our Virtual Enrollment Events can be found on our website under “Enroll” on the homepage (pre-registration required!) Virtual School Events – Enroll – Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
• See other important dates and details here: Application Deadline and Lottery – Enroll – Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
• All applications received AFTER January 28 will be added to the waitlist or accepted as space permits.
To learn more about CNCA visit our website, follow CNCASchools on Facebook or Instagram, or call our Home School Office at 213-417-3400.
We look forward to getting to know you and your family as you explore CNCA!Connect:
Equitas Academy Charter Schools
Equitas Academy Charter Schools are a network of 6 high-performing charter schools located in the downtown Los Angeles area. We serve over 2000 scholars from grades TK through 8th and focus on college readiness.Connect:
Address: 1700 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Phone Number: 213-532-4411
Email: [email protected]
Website: Equitas Academy Charter Schools
KIPP SoCal Public Schools
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 20 tuition-free charter public schools with a whole-child approach to learning. These award-winning schools help students graduate college at a rate 3 times higher than the national average for under-resourced communities. Today, you can find KIPP SoCal’s joyful and academically excellent schools — open to all — grades TK-8, across three districts: Los Angeles, Compton, and San Diego.
With the purpose of education for liberation, KIPP SoCal engages in open-dialogue between students, families, and communities to understand their needs, their concerns and most importantly their realities. KIPP SoCal offers #WellnessWednesday as part of their commitment to mental health, that includes monthly community info sessions, weekly Q&A’s, and daily “Calm Corner” inspirational videos, to see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all KIPPsters.
Larchmont Charter School
Larchmont Charter School is a free public charter school serving over 1,500 students in grades TK-12th on four campuses in Los Angeles. Larchmont has become a national leader in progressive education, fulfilling our mission to provide a socio-economically, culturally and racially diverse community of students with an exceptional public education. With participation from our entire community, we strive to instill in each student a dedication to improving the world we inhabit. Larchmont Charter, we believe, reflects what great public education can and should be.
We offer all students in CA a free education with rich programming, including:
• Highly qualified teachers with expertise in both academic and social emotional development
• Small class sizes
• Exceptional academic program rooted in constructivist, project based learning
• Diverse student body
• Weekly enrichment classes including PE, art, music, gardening, cooking and more
• Affordable after care for TK-7th grade
• Nutritious gourmet lunch program (Larchmont offers free and reduced price meals for students who qualify)
• Students of all backgrounds at Larchmont outperform their peers in surrounding schools
• Robust offering of AP classes
• Dynamic arts program
• CIF sports program in high school
• High technology to student ratio
• Fantastic community of families
• “#3 in Best Charter Elementary Schools in Los Angeles Area” according to 2021 Best Schools by Niche.com
• Top 6% of ranked high schools nationally according to U.S. News & World Report (2021)
Pacific Preparatory is an accredited K-12 school where students meet virtually with their teachers one-on-one, receiving real-time instruction. Curriculum is always interactive and our teachers adapt activities and homework to fit each student using both physical and virtual materials. We serve a wide variety of learners, including those needing an accelerated pace and those with complex learning challenges. With two decades of experience, we offer innovative school options for families who desire the highest quality educational programming in a non-traditional setup. Rolling admissions is offered with single course, part-time, full-time and transitional options.Connect: