Type: Elementary School, Featured Charter Schools, High School, Middle School, Public Charter School, TK (Transitional Kindergarten)
Larchmont Charter School is a free public charter school serving over 1,500 students in grades TK-12th on four campuses in Los Angeles. Larchmont has become a national leader in progressive education, fulfilling our mission to provide a socio-economically, culturally and racially diverse community of students with an exceptional public education. With participation from our entire community, we strive to instill in each student a dedication to improving the world we inhabit. Larchmont Charter, we believe, reflects what great public education can and should be.
We offer all students in CA a free education with rich programming, including:
• Highly qualified teachers with expertise in both academic and social emotional development
• Small class sizes
• Exceptional academic program rooted in constructivist, project based learning
• Diverse student body
• Weekly enrichment classes including PE, art, music, gardening, cooking and more
• Affordable after care for TK-7th grade
• Nutritious gourmet lunch program (Larchmont offers free and reduced price meals for students who qualify)
• Students of all backgrounds at Larchmont outperform their peers in surrounding schools
• Robust offering of AP classes
• Dynamic arts program
• CIF sports program in high school
• High technology to student ratio
• Fantastic community of families
• “#3 in Best Charter Elementary Schools in Los Angeles Area” according to 2021 Best Schools by Niche.com
• Top 6% of ranked high schools nationally according to U.S. News & World Report (2021)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools
Type: Elementary School, Featured Charter Schools, Middle School, Public Charter School
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that operates 20 tuition-free charter public schools with a whole-child approach to learning. These award-winning schools help students graduate college at a rate 3 times higher than the national average for under-resourced communities. Today, you can find KIPP SoCal’s joyful and academically excellent schools — open to all — grades TK-8, across three districts: Los Angeles, Compton, and San Diego.
With the purpose of education for liberation, KIPP SoCal engages in open-dialogue between students, families, and communities to understand their needs, their concerns and most importantly their realities. KIPP SoCal offers #WellnessWednesday as part of their commitment to mental health, that includes monthly community info sessions, weekly Q&A’s, and daily “Calm Corner” inspirational videos, to see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all KIPPsters.