New Disneyland SoCal Resident Ticket Deals and Price Increases
Disneyland is offering Southern California residents the chance to buy discount Disneyland tickets beginning January 7, 2019 a day after prices went up at the parks. SoCal residents can purchase Three-day Disneyland tickets and get deals on the park hotels including the Grand Californian.
SoCal residents can buy a three-day, one park per day ticket for $179 or a three-day Park Hopper ticket for $234. Tickets go on sale January 7 through May 20th and expire on May 23, 2019.
Tickets can be used on three consecutive days or three separate days before May 23rd. If you’re thinking of going over Spring Break, sorry, blackout dates are April 14 – April 22, 2019. Tickets go on sale on January 7, 2019 using this link.
Also on sale starting January 7th, travelers (or staycationers!) will find discounts of up to 25 percent on Disneyland hotels including the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel. Check the website for dates and discounts.
Southern California residents can still buy annual passes, but more blackout dates have been added, according to the LA Times. And individual ticket prices have increased. The least expensive one-day ticket is $104 and the most expensive – for peak days like weekends – starts at $149. Parking is now $25.
If you do plan to visit the Happiest Place on Earth, there are tons of fun things to do at Disneyland from January through May.
- Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration: Starting in January, celebrate 90 years of magic with this beloved pair, guests will discover new and enhanced entertainment, and for a limited time, specialty foods and merchandise. The fun starts with “Mickey’s Mix Magic,” a new, high-energy projection show that creates a family-fun dance party throughout Disneyland park nightly beginning Jan. 18. This show immerses guests in an all-new experience with projections, lighting and lasers – plus fireworks on select nights – while “DJ” Mickey spins a twist on Disney classic songs. The party also welcomes back a fan favorite, “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,” returning to Disneyland Jan. 25. Mickey leads the parade in a new, larger-than-life opening with two whimsical floats to kick off a musical procession of Disney characters.
- Lunar New Year: Disneyland Resort will ring in the Year of the Boar this Lunar New Year in Disney California Adventure, from January 25 through February 17, 2019. A joyous celebration of Asian cultures, the Lunar New Year celebration welcomes guests of all ages to commemorate the tradition with beloved Disney characters, and welcome another year of good fortune. Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession, a limited-time offering during the Lunar New Year celebration, is a bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu. As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs will join the procession. Delicious Asian food and kid-friendly crafts and activities will be available as well.
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival: From March 1 through April 23, 2019, seasoned foodies along with culinary newbies will delight in experiencing this eight-week celebration of California-inspired cuisines. Guests will enjoy indulging in favorite dishes and broadening their palettes with more than a dozen delicious Festival Marketplaces, featuring small plates, specialty wines and craft beers. From celebrity chef appearances to family-friendly cooking demonstrations, there is something for connoisseurs of all ages to enjoy. In addition, children can participate in Junior Chef, a fun, hands-on “cooking” experience, specially designed for young chefs. Participants will receive a sweet surprise following the seminar.***
- Pixar Pier: Beloved Pixar stories and characters come to life in this recently reimagined land in Disney California Adventure that features the thrilling Incredicoaster and Pixar Pal-A-Round attractions, the high-scoring fun of Toy Story Mania!, plus imaginative neighborhoods, Pixar-inspired food, the Lamplight Lounge, exciting entertainment and more.
- Heroic Encounters: In Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure, fans may have the opportunity to meet some favorite Super Heroes such as Spider-Man and Captain America, as well as Black Panther and Captain Marvel coming soon for a limited time. Additional Super Heroes will also appear to interact and take photos with guests.
- Downtown Disney District: The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in an exciting mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment. The Downtown Disney District has been undergoing an exciting, promenade-wide transformation, bringing multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations. This includes the opening of Splitsville Luxury Lanes, the Disney Home store, The Disney Dress Shop, Salt & Straw scoop shop, a modern new look for Wetzel’s Pretzels and the newly reimagined World of Disney store. Coming soon: the renovated Naples Ristorante e Bar and the debuts of Ballast Point brewery and Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.
In other Disneyland news, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – aka Star Wars Land – is set to open this summer. Guests can drink blue milk at the cantina, take a picture with Chewbacca and visit the following attractions:
“In this epic, new land, guests will live their own adventure in a galaxy far, far away and explore Black Spire Outpost. Once a busy crossroads, this spaceport on the planet Batuu is now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, including smugglers, rogue traders and exotic creatures traveling between the frontier and uncharted space.
Guests will take the controls in one of three unique and critical roles aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. On Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, guests can join a battle between the First Order and the Resistance – including a face-off with Kylo Ren. These two new incredible experiences, paired with the land’s interactive components and optional integration with the Play Disney Parks app, will invite guests to become galactic travelers and live their own Star Wars adventures in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.”