This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, once you click through, you will not be charged any additional fees, but we will be paid a commission by the advertiser. As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting MomsLA.com.
We are reviewing Frida’s Fruit Fiesta, a Preschool Game from Educational Insights for our Family Game Night series.
About Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game
Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game is a fun and educational preschool game for 2-4 players ages 4+ from Educational Insights. Frida’s Fruit Fiesta game offers kids the chance to practice their letters from the alphabet while also having fun trying to get four in a row. This game not only entertains but also helps children master their letter recognition, develop fine motor skills, and helps children learn to follow simple rules. It’s the third in a series of preschool games that we love that all feature a fun animal squeezer as part of the gameplay.
How to Play Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game
The object of the game is to use your alphabet-matching skills to be the first to get four fruit bowl letters in a row! Each player takes a turn to spin the three spinners and then has to choose one spinner to follow to make their move. They then use the Frida squeezer to carry out the task.
- Letter — Pick the same letter the spinner landed on from the game board. Place it over a matching letter on your nest card.
- Fruit Bowl — Choose any letter from the game board to match with a letter on your nest card.
- Double Fruit Bowl — Choose TWO letters from the game board. WOW! You’re really getting ahead!
- Monkey — Oh no! You have to take a fruit bowl from your nest card and put it back on the game board. There’s no running away from this hungry fellow.
- Bird — Mwahaha! Now you get to snatch up a fruit bowl from any of your opponent’s nest cards!
- Spin Again — Spin all three spinners again to see if you can get a better move.
The first player to line up four fruit bowls wins the game!
Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game Includes:
- Rainforest Game Board (in the box!)
- 26 Fruit bowls
- Frida squeezer
- 4 Nest cards
- Triple game spinner
- Game guide
Why I love Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game
- It’s educational yet fun! The game really helps my 4 1/2-year-old learn his letters while having fun. He doesn’t get frustrated with this activity like he would using flashcards or other methods of use when teaching letter recognition.
- Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game helps to develop strategic skills by having the child figure out the best way to get four in a row to win the game and fine motor skills by squeezing Frida to pick up the fruit bowls.
- It’s a great game to take along to play with friends or stay home and play with as a family! The object of the game is to get four in a row, which is quite similar to the game BINGO! And who isn’t familiar with the ever-popular game of BINGO?!
- I just love all of the Educational Insights games. We own quite a few and have never been disappointed. They are all colorful, educational, and fun, and the kids always want to play them! What more could you possibly want for your child? Frida’s Fruit Fiesta Game has become another one to add to the list of “Must Play” games in our home.