Holidays at the US Grant Hotel
Every year, I say that I’m going to take my family to a holiday show and it never happens. This year, thanks to The US Grant Hotel in San Diego, we’re going to see An American Christmas.
The US Grant, built in 1910, is an iconic hotel in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. During the holidays, it hosts the LAMB’s Theater company production of An American Christmas, a 1915 Feast and Celebration about the Marshall family’s holiday celebration. There will be music, dancing, storytelling, and a 4-course holiday meal. I can’t wait.
An American Christmas is just one of the many holiday events The US Grant has going on this year. Here is a list of what the hotel has to offer.
Holiday Tea Tradition (Saturday, Dec. 12 and Saturday, Dec. 19):
- Gather in the festive US Grant Hotel lobby to celebrate the cherished holiday tradition of afternoon tea. Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski will present a menu of sweet and savory treats that includes gourmet tea sandwiches, house made scones, decadent desserts, and fresh berries with devonshire cream. Sip your selection from The US Grant’s loose leaf tea menu, and toast to the occasion with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Children will delight in a special menu, created just for them.
- Seatings available 1-2pm (A special 12pm reservation time is also available to those attending City Ballet’s matinee production of The Nutcracker. Ballet tickets sold separately.) Reservations required.
A San Diego Christmas Carol package:
- This is a very special, very opulent holiday package — the ultimate in holiday luxury, it includes a 4-night Presidential Suite Stay at The US Grant Inspired by “A Christmas Carol,” each day bestows upon guests a collection of unique gifts and enriching experiences honoring traditions of holidays past, creating lasting memories for holidays present, and preparing for holidays future, and includes:
- Traditional Victorian holiday dinner
- Vintage car chauffeur, roundtrip to Old Town in San Diego
- 2 tickets to Cygnet Theater’s “A Christmas Carol”
- Breakfast in bed, served on a Tiffany Holiday™ Victorian Tea Set (which you take home with you upon departure)
- A private mixology class at The Grant Grill
New Year’s Eve Happenings:
- December 31 — New Year’s Eve Prix Fixe Menu with an amazing and rare selection of vintage wines, paired with six amazing courses
- December 31 — The US Grant’s 4th Annual Bivouac inside the historic Grant Grill: The US Grant will host its fourth annual Bivouac New Year’s Eve celebration in The Grant Grill, which is a former speakeasy inside the hotel, with absinthe cocktails, specialty cask ales and absinthe-infused ice cream. Unlimited sparkling wine will be offered from 9 to 10 p.m. (tickets from $50 to and up).
Disclosure: I’ll be staying at the US Grant and reviewing the hotel and its holiday offerings.