This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, once you click through, you will not be charged any additional fees, but we will be paid a commission by the advertiser. As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting MomsLA.com.
Here Comes Summer — How Will YOU Fight Brain Drain?
We just wrapped up gifted and talented for third grade, and this year was mostly about logic-brain games and the like. When the opportunity came to review IQ Steps from SmartGames, I knew this was something we definitely could use in our house! IQ Steps is recommended for ages 8 and up and makes a fantastic addition to our Summer Travel Toy & Games series.
What the IQ Steps Travel Game Includes
- 8 Puzzle pieces
- Game board
- Instruction booklet with 120 challenges in levels Starter, Junior, Expert, Master, and Wizard, including the solutions.
- Code to play Smart Games Live online
How Do You Play IQ Steps?
- Choose a challenge — Follow the picture to set up the pieces as shown. Not all pieces will be used initially.
- Add the remaining pieces — Put the leftover pieces on the game board one by one, without lifting existing pieces or sliding pieces under existing pieces.
- Use your brain power — Figure out the puzzle!
IQ Steps Travel Game Review
This game was challenging for my third grader and for me! It required concentration and focus — and practice! After a couple of tries using the answers we were ready to tackle some of the challenges on our own.
This game is a great example of how your brain is a muscle and the more you use it, the stronger it is. Have two kids work together to solve a challenge, or use this game to keep screen time to a minimum. Chances are, the devices won’t even be missed! IQ Steps is a keeper for our house. There are instructions on how to arrange the pieces so that they fit into the covered game board and are convenient for travel. This would be a great car game or a waiting room game for older kids or adults.