Queen Mary’s Inaugural Queensway 5K
Last Sunday, I ran the LA Marathon after quite a few people said that I should stay home. I was injured and sick and felt terrible. Of course I ran it anyway (I had to get my medals!), but not before promising everyone I know that I would never do another race again. Well, I had a great marathon and not only am I definitely running again, I’m following it up with a fun 5k race next week. The Queen Mary’s Inaugural Queesway 5k Race is on Thursday, March 29th at 5:15 pm.
The Queen Mary’s inaugural Queensway 5K is a walk, run, or jog through the Queen Mary’s Events Park and Long Beach harbor. The course takes participants across the Queensway Bridge for breathtaking views of the Long Beach city skyline, finishing at the Queen Mary Events Park for a post-race party. There will be activations from some of Queen Mary’s most well-known signature events including: Art Deco, ScotsFestival, 4th of July Celebration, Dark Harbor, and more.
Long Beach is a beautiful place to run. The Queen Mary race doesn’t start until 5:15 pm, which means we’re in for a lovely sunset. You can register for the run in advance or when you get there on Thursday. Here are more details about the event:
- On-Site Registration: Kicking off at 3 p.m. join in on the pre-run fun and prep for the race with on-site registration, music and organized stretches.
- Race Time: The 5K run will begin at 5:15 p.m. All participants are expected to be finished by 6:30 p.m. Along the 3.1-mile course, participants will see Queen Mary icons as they walk, run, or jog through the Queen Mary’s Events Park and Long Beach Shoreline.
- Activations: Experience a year of Queen Mary’s top signature events with characters and themed activations including 4th of July stilt walkers, Art Deco classic cars and swing dancers, ScotsFestival Highland Games and entertainment, Dark Harbor’s infamous scare sliders, and much more!
- Finish Line Celebration: Finish off a picture-perfect run with music, a celebratory medal, vendors, and more. Racers can refuel with food trucks, food booths, a beer garden, and decadent tastes from the Queen Mary restaurants including the Chelsea Chowder House & Bar and Sir Winston’s.
A portion of the Queensway 5K proceeds will go to Long Beach Unified School District and Long Beach Ronald McDonald House to help fund transportation for educational field trips for Long Beach schools.
Thursday, March 29, 3 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. – On-site registration begins
- 5:15 p.m. – 5k race start time
- 6:30 p.m. – Finish line celebrations
The Queen Mary, 1126 Queens Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802
Register online at runsignup.com/Race/CA/longbeac
Queensway 5K registration is $35 per person and includes (1) complimentary beverage, (1) Queen Mary restaurant tasting, same-day access to the Queen Mary, and free parking.
Participants will receive free parking.
Disclosure: I was given free race entry for me and my family in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.