This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, once you click through, you will not be charged any additional fees, but we will be paid a commission by the advertiser. As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting MomsLA.com.
If you have ever tried to play a game with a 3-and-a-half-year-old you know it’s never an easy task. Playing a game with a preschooler involves getting them to listen and follow directions, which at least in my house are two of the hardest things to get my son to do. Yet my son is starting to love playing games and regularly asks to play games with us, so he was very excited to play The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game. And neither of us was disappointed by this fast-paced, fun game.
The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game Includes
- 40 Acorn Slap Cards
- 40 Sneaky Snacky Dealer Cards
- Dealer Card Holder
- Instruction Guide
How to Play The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
- Separate the “Acorn Slap” cards — Create four piles by color. Place the piles face up and within reach of all players.
- Shuffle — Mix up the “Sneaky Snacky dealer” cards and place them in the cardholder face down.
- The dealer turns over the “Sneaky Snacky dealer” cards — The dealer flips over the “Sneaky Snacky dealer” cards so they are face up. As each card is dealt the dealer should say, “sneaky”, when a sneaky squirrel card is dealt and, “snacky”, when a snacky squirrel card is dealt.
- Snacky Squirrel Cards — When a snacky squirrel card is dealt, all players race to be the first to slap their hand over the pile with the matching color. The first player to slap the correct color card wins that card. It is now the turn of the player to the dealer’s left.
- Double Snacky Cards — If a “Double Snacky” card is dealt, players rush to be the first to slap one or both of the matching piles.
- The person with the most acorn cards wins.
It took me a few minutes to figure out the point of saying “sneaky” or “snacky” when dealing the cards, but after a couple of cards, I realized it adds to the fun and anticipation of the game. My son caught onto how the game is played very quickly, and by the second game, he was a pro and ready to play all night.
What We Liked About The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game
- The gameplay is fast-moving.
- There aren’t a lot of rules.
- There is anticipation about getting a snacky card and it keeps players on their toes.
- We always laugh when the dealer gets a streak of sneaky cards and must say, “sneaky, sneaky” over and over again.
- You must slap the cards quickly when a snacky card comes up.
- The double snacky cards give you a chance to double your points.
- There are educational aspects such as counting and identifying colors.
- The game teaches patience as kids have to wait for a snacky card to be played and have to take turns being the dealer.
- There are no batteries required.
- There are no small pieces.
- There’s no game board.
- The game has easy cleanup.
- The small box makes it perfect for travel.
I have fond memories of family game night as a kid, and when I played The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Card Game with my son I was reminded of those memories. As my son and I laughed each time the dealer said “sneaky” and raced to slap the cards, I knew we had found a game that we would both enjoy playing together.