This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, once you click through, you will not be charged any additional fees, but we will be paid a commission by the advertiser. As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting MomsLA.com.
Sunny Day Pond Game
A Cooperative Game that Builds Collaborative Skills
The Family Game Night Has Begun…
When I used to think of Family Game Night, I thought this would begin when my kids entered kindergarten or elementary school. Toddlers and preschoolers aren’t the best at following directions and most games can be overly complicated for them. I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered the opportunity to review a game that my toddler son could play.
The soft texture and bright colors of the graphics in the Sunny Day Pond Game immediately attracted my son’s attention. While the game is intended for children ages 3 and older, our family, which includes my 20-month-old daughter and my son who is several months shy of 3, enjoyed it greatly. Sunny Day Pond Game is considered a cooperative game which means that you are not competing against each other but rather working together to achieve a common goal.
In the world of Sunny Day Pond the fish, frog, and duck are enjoying the weather. However, beautiful weather cannot stay forever and within a short period of time, it will begin to rain. The objective of the game is to put together the three four-piece animal puzzles before the spinner hits the raindrop option six times. The directions are simple which everyone in my family appreciated.
While I was not familiar with cooperative games, I found that for toddlers and preschoolers, it is a great idea. This was the first game as a family that we played. With traditional games, one family member wins which means that everyone else loses. At this age, my children are learning to work together with their parents since this was a family game. Cheering each other on, the kids had a great time putting the puzzles together before it began to rain.
When we packed up the Sunny Day Pond Game, my husband remarked this was a fun game and thus the birth of Family Game Night in our household. When I learned there were other games offered by Peaceable Kingdom I began to formulate if the next family game will be a birthday or Christmas present.
What the Sunny Day Pond Game Includes
- 1 Game board
- 3 Four-Piece puzzles
- 6 Raindrops
- 1 Spinner
Reasons My Family Enjoyed the Sunny Day Pond Game
- Bright colors, nicely drawn graphics, and soft texture. The materials are 100% green.
- The game is intended for children ages 3 and older, for 2-4 players, and Peaceable Kingdom even offers a time frame of 10 minutes for each game. We found that the game is simple enough but interesting to keep our children’s attention for that length of time.
- The Sunny Day Pond Game builds on various skills: color matching, fine motor skills, as well as hand-eye coordination.
- The most important reason we loved playing this game is that we played together as a team.
- This game does not need batteries. As each puzzle is completed, encourage your kids to mimic the animals in the picture. It gets the brain cells charged and gets the body moving.