This policy was last updated on February 22, 2024.
- On the Website.
- In email and any form submissions between you and the Website.
- Information collected by third parties.
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE OF CHILDREN UNDER 18
The Website is intended for users over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you should cease using the Website. No one under age 18 should provide any information through the Website.
We do not knowingly collect information from any individual under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected or received information from an individual under the age of 18, without the verified consent of a parent, we will immediately delete the information. If you believe we have unknowingly collected information from an individual under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected].
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect information from and about the users of the Website, including:
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information, which is defined as information that would personally identify you or allow you to be contacted, such as your name and email address. Under certain location-based rights, such as in the European Union, this is synonymous with personal data under GDPR.
- Non-identifying Information: We may collect information about you, but this information does not identify you personally, such as your browsing habits.
- Technical Information: We may collect information about the technology you are using to access the Website, such as your internet connection, browser, and other usage details.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect or utilize any sensitive health-related information, such as, for example, information related to past or present medical conditions or prescriptions. Also, The Website does not knowingly collect or utilize any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic or biometric data to uniquely identify an individual, or data concerning an individual’s health or sexual orientation.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website
We may collect personal information if you voluntarily submit it to the Website, including, but not limited to:
- Making a contribution to the website, such as leaving a comment or rating
- Subscribing to a newsletter or providing your email address to obtain a free resource
- Submitting correspondence to us, such as entering your information into a contact form
- Creating a user profile, which allows you to establish a username and profile
Information We Collect from Others
We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked, or details related to your Website visit.
This automatically collected information does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect. This helps us improve our Website.
Please review our Cookie Notice, located at https://momsla.com/cookie-notice/, for more details.
Other Tracking Technologies
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To develop or improve the Website
- To provide information or services that you request while using the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide giveaways and other promotions;
- To provide advertising through affiliate links
- To market products through display or affiliate advertisements;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter unauthorized or illegal activity;
- In any other way described to you at the time your information is collected;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have an account with us or have registered to use our services, we keep your personal information for as long as you have that account. We keep your information to respond to inquiries, demonstrate completion of our services and compliance with the law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your private personal data. However, we may share your personal data and other information about you in certain limited circumstances identified below:
Our Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose your personal information and other information to our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors who need the information to perform their duties and help us provide a better Site to you.
Acquisition, Merger, or Sale of Assets: In the event of any merger, sale of our assets, or acquisition of our business by another company, personal information and other information would likely be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party.
Court Order or Other Legal Obligation: We may disclose your personal information and other information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our clients, customers, employees, or others: This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, information security, and other related matters.
We may disclose aggregated or non-identifying information about our users to third parties without restriction.
Other Instances: Additionally, we may share your information with third parties, such as:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our successor or buyer of the Website in the event of a liquidation, bankruptcy, or other corporate event which may result in the transfer of the Website.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided your personal information. For example, if you subscribe to our newsletter, we will share your information with the software provider we use for our mailing list.
- With your consent.
Our Third-Party Vendors and Service Providers: We may provide your personal information and other information to third parties hired by us to assist with our Website and provide services such as analytics, affiliate marketing, and promotions.
The Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Drip – this service is used for the delivery of email updates and newsletters and allows us to manage our mailing list, which includes your email address and may also include your name. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications. Drip will also track information regarding your interaction with our emails, such as whether they have been opened or you have clicked on a particular link. If you take certain actions on the Website, Drip may utilize this to allow us to personalize the types of email offers that you receive. Your personal information is used only in your interactions with our website. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- Mediavine Grow – this service is used to collect email addresses for our newsletter. Additional information related to Grow is listed below.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information:
- To comply with a court order or any other legal process.
- If we believe it is necessary to protect the rights or safety of our company or third parties.
WEBSITE & ADVERTISING PERFORMANCE
This Website uses Google Analytics 4 (“GA4”) to analyze traffic and performance of the Website. To track usage, Google uses a first-party cookie to ensure compliance with privacy regulations. We may use data from GA4 with Google Ads or Signals, which does include a cookie and may transfer your personal information to these services. Google provides website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. For more information about how you can opt-out of Google Analytics click here.
We use Quantcast to measure gain insights into our audience. This is based on user information and general demographics. Individual personal information is not collected.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WEBSITE
If you make certain types of contributions to the Website, such as leaving a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Additionally, we may limit access to certain Website content so that it may only be accessed if you have created a user profile. In the case that such content is limited, we make no guarantees that this content will not be publicly visible in some way.
Please ensure that you do not make any contributions to the Website which may contain sensitive information or personal information that you would not wish to be accessible to the public.
The Website has reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information; however, we cannot make any guarantees or warranties regarding the safety of your personal information.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We aim to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. You can control certain disclosure of information in the following ways.
Do Not Voluntarily Disclose Your Information
If you do not want to voluntarily disclose your personal information, you may elect not to disclose your information to us.
On your browser, you can choose to remove or reject cookies before using the Website. However, if you do so, the Website may not function properly or provide you with the smoothest experience. For more details, see aboutcookies.org.
Reviewing, Modifying, and Deleting Certain Personal Data
If you would like to review, modify, or delete the personal information we have collected from you such as your name or email address, please email us at [email protected] for more information. This is in addition to any jurisdictional rights that you may have, which are outlined below.
Limiting Access to Information on Your Mobile Device
Your mobile device should provide you with various options to limit the ability to collect stored information or location information.
To opt out of display advertising, visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
The Website does not engage in any remarketing advertising, such as with Facebook or Google.
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. You may refuse these cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties. You may opt-out of future newsletters at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button.
You may subscribe to our newsletter through Mediavine’s Grow service. If you elect to receive content recommendations, Grow will collect your IP address. If you elect to receive our newsletter, Grow will collect your email. Your email address will be used to send you newsletters.
Grow may also collect a hashed, pseudo-anonymized form of your email address, which may be used to create a match or link between this data and other anonymized data in third-party databases or utilized by advertising partners. This linked data may be used to provide you with interest-based content or advertising.
Residents of or those domiciled in certain locations may have additional rights and choices related to their personal information. Please see the section below.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain consumer privacy and data protection laws may provide residents of or those domiciled in certain jurisdictions with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. The following sections will apply, as stated, to the residents of the particular jurisdiction.
European Union and United Kingdom
The Website is directed to residents of the United States, specifically in Los Angeles, California. We do not directly or indirectly market to, seek, target, or otherwise try to entice users or visitors residing in the European Economic Area (EEA) or any jurisdiction outside of the U.S. In the event that you view or use our Website while outside of the United States, such as while in the EEA, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations, including those that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country. Further, you consent that collection of your personal data will be governed by the laws of California and the United States.
If you are domiciled within the European Union or United Kingdom, yo General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or UK GDPR. Our legal bases for collecting your personal data:
- Consent – We may process information if you have provided us with your consent. This includes all voluntarily captured personal information or any information for which you have given us consent.
- Performance of a contract – We may process your information to perform a contract.
- Legitimate Interest – We have a legitimate interest in capturing information related to marketing activities and fraud prevention. Additionally, we capture information regarding your interactions with the Website to ensure that our Website is operating properly and to allow us to make improvements. We may also keep information regarding your interactions with the Website as a form of recordkeeping. We do not process your personal information on this basis if it is outweighed by the impact such processing may have on you.
- Legal Requirement – We may process your personal information if it is necessary for a legal obligation, such as security.
- Vital Interest – We do not process your personal information on this basis.
- Public Interest – We do not process your personal information on this basis.
Under GDPR and UK GDPR, you may also have the following rights:
- Right to Be Informed – You may be informed as to how we use your personal information. This notice includes much information about this, but you may also inquire with us.
- Right to Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request.
- Right to Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also contact us at the email below to be removed from our mailing list.
- Right to Amend/Rectify – You may contact us to amend or update your personal information.
- Right to Erase or Be Forgotten – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data.
- Right to Restrict Processing – Similar to the right to erase, you may request that we restrict processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to port your personal data, when applicable.
- Right to Object – In some situations, you may have the right to object to how your personal data is being processed by filing a complaint.
- Rights related to Automatic Decision Making and Profiling – You may have the right to not be subject to automatic decision-making and profiling.
You may exercise any of these rights by emailing [email protected].
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law. Unless you exercise such rights, we reserve the right to retain your data.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California’s Shine the Light law permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your information with any third parties for these purposes.
California Privacy Rights
Information Collection and Sharing
The Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). The Website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from you, which are detailed below.
We may share your Personal Information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the Personal Information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose other than performing the contract. We have disclosed the information listed in the categories below for a business purpose.
We do not sell your Personal Information OR We may also share your personal information by selling it to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales.
In the preceding 12 months, we have completed the activities listed below in the categories covered by CCPA and CPRA.
This category includes your: real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
The Website does collect information in this category. We may collect your name for the purpose of sending you newsletters. We may collect your email address when it is voluntarily entered to receive newsletters. Your IP address may be used to track performance of the Website. In the past twelve months, this information has been disclosed for a business purpose. Your email address may have been anonymized for the purpose of providing interest-based advertising, if you provided your consent at the time of collection; however, there has been no sale of your information.
Personal Information as described in California Customer Records Statute (CA Code 1798.80):
This includes your: name, signature, social security number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
The Website does collect information in this category when it is voluntarily submitted. You may enter your name when you subscribe to receive our newsletter. In the last twelve months, this has been disclosed for a business purpose, but it has not been sold.
Protected Classification Characteristics (under California or federal law).
This includes: Age (over age 40), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental health disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or genetic information.
The Website does not collect information in this category.
This includes records of personal property, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
This includes: an individual’s physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics, including an individual’s DNA, that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity.
The Website does not collect information in this category.
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information:
This includes, but is not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Website, application, or advertisement.
The Website does collect information in this category, including your interaction with the Website. In the past twelve months, this information has been disclosed for a business purpose and has not been sold.
This includes your physical location or movements.
The Website does collect information in this category, specifically your physical location. This information is obtained through your IP address, which may be modified through some technology, such as use of a VPN. In the last twelve months, this information has been used for a business purpose, but it has not been sold.
Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Other Similar Information:
The Website does not collect information in this category.
Professional or Employment-related information:
This may include your current or past employment history or other information related thereto.
The Website does not collect information in this category.
This is defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, which includes: records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, schedule, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
The Website does not collect information in this category.
Inferences Drawn from Personal Information:
This includes inferences drawn from the Personal Information collected by the Website to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The Website does collect information in this category for the purpose of providing interest-based advertising to visitors. In the last twelve months, this information has not been used for a business purpose and has been sold for advertising purposes.
Use of Your Personal Information under CCPA and CPRA
Rights related to Your Personal Information under CCPA and CPRA
CCPA and CPRA provide California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal information we collect and how it has been used over the past 12 months. After we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following:
- The categories of your personal information we collected;
- The categories of your personal information we sold;
- The categories of any third parties to whom we have sold your personal information;
- A list of which categories of your personal information we sold to each party; and,
- The categories of your personal information we disclose for business purposes.
Right to Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
Please note that this right does not apply when we need to retain your personal information to do the following:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under CCPA. In particular, we may not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or,
- Threaten you with any of the above.
Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
If you would like to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, visit the link at the bottom of the page that states “DO NOT SELL MY INFORMATION.”
How to submit a verifiable consumer request
To exercise these rights, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by containing [email protected].
Please note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of a minor child.
You may only make a request under these rights twice in a twelve-month period. Your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or that it is an authorized representative acting on your behalf);
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please email [email protected].
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of your request.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Nevada Online Privacy Law
Pursuant to the Nevada Online Privacy Law (“OPL”), Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of any personal information. As described above, your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers/operators in order to fulfill purchased products or to communicate with you. We do not sell (which is defined in the OPL as “the exchange of covered information for monetary consideration by the operator to a person for the person to license or sell the covered information to additional persons”) your covered information, which includes: your first and last name; your address; your email address; your phone number; your social security number; any identifier that would allow you to be contacted either physically or online; or, any other information concerning you, collected from you by the Website and maintained by us, in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
Last updated: February 2024