Bright Star Schools, a network of high-performing, charter public schools across Los Angeles, provides holistic, inclusive support, rigorous academics, and rich life experiences for our students to find joy and fulfillment in higher education, career, and life.
Founded in 2003, Bright Star Schools operates some of the highest performing charter public schools in Los Angeles. We’re building pathways of seamless, high-quality, kindergarten-through-12th grade public educational models and higher education support.
In nine, tuition-free public schools in three communities, our 3,500+ students experience rigorous academics, inclusive education, social-emotional support, and rich life opportunities beyond the classroom.
Our schools in West Adams/Baldwin Village are Stella Elementary Charter Academy, Stella Middle Charter Academy and Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy.
Our schools in Koreatown are Rise Kohyang Elementary School, Rise Kohyang Middle School and Rise Kohyang High School.
Our schools in the San Fernando Valley are Valor Academy Elementary School, Valor Academy Middle School, and Valor Academy High School.
Compass Charter Schools
Compass Charter Schools is committed to providing a safe, family-centered alternative to the traditional brick-and-mortar school. Compass is an ideal solution for all type of scholars who may choose from our Online or Options Programs.Connect:
Address: 850 Hampshire Road, Suite P, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
Phone Number: 855-937-4227
Email: [email protected]
Website: Compass Charter Schools
Larchmont Charter School
Larchmont Charter School is a free public charter school serving over 1,500 students in grades TK-12th on four campuses in Los Angeles. Larchmont has become a national leader in progressive education, fulfilling our mission to provide a socio-economically, culturally and racially diverse community of students with an exceptional public education. With participation from our entire community, we strive to instill in each student a dedication to improving the world we inhabit. Larchmont Charter, we believe, reflects what great public education can and should be.
We offer all students in CA a free education with rich programming, including:
• Highly qualified teachers with expertise in both academic and social emotional development
• Small class sizes
• Exceptional academic program rooted in constructivist, project based learning
• Diverse student body
• Weekly enrichment classes including PE, art, music, gardening, cooking and more
• Affordable after care for TK-7th grade
• Nutritious gourmet lunch program (Larchmont offers free and reduced price meals for students who qualify)
• Students of all backgrounds at Larchmont outperform their peers in surrounding schools
• Robust offering of AP classes
• Dynamic arts program
• CIF sports program in high school
• High technology to student ratio
• Fantastic community of families
• “#3 in Best Charter Elementary Schools in Los Angeles Area” according to 2021 Best Schools by Niche.com
• Top 6% of ranked high schools nationally according to U.S. News & World Report (2021)