Full S.T.E.A.M. ahead for the 36th annual OC Fair Imaginology!
Imaginology, held at the OC Fair grounds in Costa Mesa is a FREE family fun event held annually over the course of three days in April. The non-profit education and entertainment fair is sponsored by the OC Fair & Event Center and invites families to explore hands-on exhibits for all ages that are related to S.T.E.A.M., or Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. With the exception of paid parking and food, the entire 36th Annual OC Fair Imaginology is free!
My girls and I attended the free Imaginology event on Saturday, it was just a hop and skip away from our home since we recently moved back to Orange County. Although it was quite a toasty warm day, we had a great time. I was thoroughly impressed with the amount of vendors and activities and the girls were excited about spending a day out without the boys.
The OC Fair Imaginology event encompassed everything I love the most about the Orange County Fair, which is also held at the fair grounds for several weeks during the summer. Unlike the Orange County fair, the Imaginology event had much more things to do just for children and did not include rides (which is a win for me!). What I love the most about the Orange County Fair are the exhibits, competitions and the animals at the Centennial Farm and the OC Fair Imaginology had all of that plus so much more.
Daily free events included:
- Armando Cepeda Motivational Interactive Mural Workshop
- Animated Flip Book Makeshop with the Digital Media Conservatory
- Clay Play Workshop with the Orange County School for the Arts
- Derby Car Races & Makeshop
- Sew Easy Makeshop
- Woodworking 101 with the OC Scroll Saw Association
- Drake Family Farm Goat Cheese Tasting Booth
- Blacksmith Demonstration
- Reptile Zoo
- Garden Touch Table
- OC Beekeepers Exhibit
- Plant & Take Home a Radish Seed
- Dig for Roots Activity Area
- Egg and Spoon Relay
- Physical Physics – The Science of Hooping
- Play Plant-Themed Tic-Tac-Toe
- Milk Maxine the Replica Cow
- Wild Science
- Kruse Feed and Supply Exhibit
- Potato Sack Races
- Harbor Soaring Society Aerospace Adventure
- and SO much more!
The OC Fair Imaginology was a great opportunity to have fun as a family without breaking the bank all while participating in activities that are hands-on learning opportunities. It’s not everyday that you can pet a chick, a tortoise or see a 3,000 bull or giant model train set. We highly enjoyed ourselves and although, we’ll have to wait to attend again until April 2017 to go again, we’ll definitely be back next year and we suggest you do too!
Log on to OC Fair Imaginology S.T.E.A.M. for more information.