It can be hard to figure out what to do in Los Angeles with kids because there are so many amazing things to see and experience in LA. We have compiled a list of fantastic things to do from Venice Beach to the California Science Center to the Hollywood Sign.
You’ll find great free things to do, educational spots that are cool and unusual, and touristy destinations that the entire family is sure to appreciate. Here is our list of 100 awesome things to do in LA with kids.
1. Ride the carousel at the Santa Monica Pier.
2. Visit Dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum.
3. Grab lunch at Grand Central Market, the oldest open-air market on the West Coast.
4. Check out the trains at the Travel Town Museum.
5. Shop on Olvera Street.
6. Visit Avila Adobe, the oldest standing house in Los Angeles.
7. Take a tour of Heritage Square Museum to learn about Southern California History.
8. Explore the Ice Age at the La Brea Tar Pits.
9. Hang out in Malibu.
10. Take kids to the Walt Disney Concert Hall for a special show.
11. See the stars at the Griffith Observatory.
12. Hike to the Hollywood Sign.
13. Bike around Griffith Park.
14. Visit the animals at the 133-acre Los Angeles Zoo.
15. Visit Old Hollywood at the Hollywood Museum.
16. Experience the Old West at the Autry Museum.
17. Catch a movie at the El Capitan Theatre.
18. Take a Warner Brothers Studio tour.
19. Go to one of LA’s many Farmers Markets.
20. Shop at an outdoor mall.
21. Take the Metro from Downtown to the Beach.
22. Take a Ride on Angel’s Flight, the shortest railway in the world.
23. See a show at the Hollywood Bowl.
24. Catch a Dodgers Game.
25. Get a NexGen pass at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and enjoy free admission for you and your child.
26. Be amazed by Watts Towers.
27. Walk around UCLA in Westwood.
28. Go to the Festival of Books at USC.
29. Read a book at The Last Bookstore in Downtown LA.
30. Take a stroll through the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden.
32. Go car-free during CicLAvia.
33. Look for your favorite star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
34. Visit Little Tokyo.
35. See the Space Shuttle at the California Science Center.
37. Take a Gondola Ride in the Venice Canals.
38. Go Shopping at The Grove.
39. Have lunch at The Original Farmers Market.
40. Enjoy afternoon mommy and me tea.
41. Catch a Train at Union Station and walk around the historic building.
42. Learn about music at the Grammy Museum.
43. Find your favorite wax figure at Madame Tussauds.
44. Experience art and culture at the free Hammer Museum.
45. Explore at the Annenberg Space for Photography.
46. See The Wizarding World of Harry Potter World at Universal Studios.
47. Hang out on Universal City Walk.
49. Visit the San Gabriel Mission.
50. Climb to the top of the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook.
52. Hike to the Skull Rock in Pacific Palisades’ Temescal Canyon.
Check out MomsLA’s Neighborhood Guide for more things to do by neighborhood!
55. Take a Ferry to Catalina Island.
56. See marine life at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach.
57. Grab a burger and slice of pie at the historic Apple Pan.
59. Enjoy a free day at a museum.
60. Explore the Skirball Cultural Center in Brentwood.
61. Splash in the fountains at Grand Park.
62. Visit the Chinese American Museum in Chinatown.
63. Go Rollerskating at Moonlight Rollerway.
64. Stop and smell the flowers at Descanso Gardens.
65. Visit Snoopy at Knott’s Berry Farm.
66. Tour the African American Museum in Exposition Park.
67. Visit Mariachi Plaza in Boyle Heights.
68. Learn about science at the Discovery Cube LA.
69. See the animals at STAR Eco Station Exotic Wildlife Rescue.
70. Visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum.
71. Stop by the North Hollywood “NoHo” Arts District and visit shops, art galleries, theatres and restaurants.
72. Take the family to the Great Wolf Lodge.
73. Play in the water at Mother’s Beach in Marina Del Rey.
74. Visit the gorgeous Central Library in Downtown Los Angeles.
75. Tour the historic Bradbury Building in Downtown LA.
76. Dine with bears at the classic Clifton’s Cafeteria.
77. Watch a polo match or take a hike Will Rogers State Historic Park in Pacific Palisades.
78. Travel to Greece and Rome at The Getty Villa.
79. Visit Sawtelle Japantown.
80. Explore Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena.
81. Learn about space at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena.
82. Take a trolley tour of Beverly Hills.
84. Take a Horseback ride in Topanga.
85. Shop for produce at the Santa Monica Farmers Market.
86. Visit the Martial Arts History Museum in Burbank.
87. Learn about aviation at Santa Monica’s Museum of Flying.
88. Take the kids skateboarding at the Venice Beach Skate Park.
89. Find ways to reuse at the reDiscover Center in Mar Vista.
90. Make woodcrafts at the Sawdust Factory.
92. Enjoy baked goods at Porto’sBakery and Cafe.
93. Go for a swim at the Annenberg Beach House pool.
94. Tour the Queen Mary luxury ocean liner in Long Beach.
95. Check out the Leimert Park Art Walk the last Sunday of the month.
96. Check out cool cars at the Petersen Automotive Museum.
97. Explore Koreatown.
98. Go Bowling at Lucky Strike at Hollywood & Highland
99. Tour the Mission Inn Museum in Riverside.
100. And of course, visit Disneyland.