Southern California parents face a serious question: Where will I send my kids to school? There are hundreds of schools in Los Angeles to choose from, whether you’d like your kids to attend Public School, a Charter School, a Private or Parochial School, or even if you’re interested in Home Schooling.
We have plenty of information here to help you choose a school, be a volunteer, go on a field trip, find a graduation gift, and of course, teacher appreciation gift ideas.
Also, check out our After School and Enrichment Guide, and our terrific School Calendars list.
SoCal Parent’s Guide to Education and Resources
We’ve collected a few years’ worth of essays from our Contributor Wendy Kennar, a former teacher and always Mom. Enjoy!
- Is it OK for a Teacher to Hug a Student?
- What a Year of Missed Instruction Means for our Kids
- Writing an End-of-the-Year Reflection
- How to Write an Introductory Letter
- Why it’s Not OK to tell your kid to Shut Up
- 5 Reasons to Attend Back-to-School Night