Southern California parents face a serious question: Where will I send my kids to school? There are hundreds of schools in Los Angeles to choose from, whether you’d like your kids to attend Public School, a Charter School, a Private or Parochial School, or even if you’re interested in Home Schooling.
Even before looking for an elementary school, parents need to find a Daycare or Preschool, and you may need to find Flexible Childcare, or a Nanny or Babysitter.
Once kids are in school, you’ll also be looking for choices in the many After School Enrichment programs, and maybe even Tutoring services.
MomsLA has got you covered with Guides and lists for all of these categories and more.
Schools in Los Angeles
Quick Links to our Articles:
- Tips for Distance Learning
- Essential School Supplies
- Where to Shop for School Supplies
- Celebrate the First Day of School
- Private Elementary Schools in Los Angeles
- Private High Schools in Los Angeles
- Private All-Girls and All-Boys Schools
- Private Parochial Schools
- Homeschooling Resources
- Tutoring Services
- After School and Enrichment Programs
- Preschools and Daycare Centers
- Charter Schools in Los Angeles
- Public Schools in Los Angeles
- Public School Calendars
- Teacher Appreciation Day
- Special Education Resources
- [Sponsored] Learn About SchoolHouse – to help create your own School at Home
- [Guest Post] Changes to Homeschooling 2021 and Beyond
- We’re not OK sending our Kids Back
- [Sponsored] Learn About Reading Eggs
- The Importance of Field Trips
We’ve collected a few years’ worth of essays from our Contributor Wendy Kennar, a former teacher and always Mom. Enjoy!
- Is it OK for a Teacher to Hug a Student?
- What a Year of Missed Instruction Means for our Kids
- Writing an End-of-the-Year Reflection
- How to Write an Introductory Letter
- Why it’s Not OK to tell your kid to Shut Up
- 5 Reasons to Attend Back-to-School Night