Top 5 Snacks for Busy Moms; A #MakeBetter Challenge
Food is on my mind most of the day, any day, no matter the circumstances. Plus, I work out a lot and I get very hungry. While I love to cook at home and experiment with healthy food, as a busy mom I sometimes need something healthy that I can take with me.
Here are my Top 5 Snacks for Busy Moms.
1) LUNA Bar. When I don’t have time for breakfast I often turn to Luna Bar. The company recently sent me the new Carrot Cake flavor and I love it. It tastes like a carrot cake rice crispy treat. If I need protein (and want something that tastes like a candybar) I reach a for LUNA Protein. It has 12 grams of protein, which means that it can be very satisfying. The downside is that both bars have soy protein isolate which I don’t like to have too much of.
2) Tie between KIND Bar and uber bar. If for some reason I miss lunch I always have one of these bars in my purse. This Uber bar by LARABAR is so delicious, especially the Bananas Foster, and it only contains fruit and nuts. The Kind Bar is also just fruit and nuts and it’s amazing. It has only 5 grams of sugar but the chocolate and sea salt more than make up for that.
3) ips Egg White Chips. Sometimes you just need a chip. These egg white chips have 7 grams of protein and are delicious. The best is the White Cheddar, but they are all good. My second favorite alternative chips is Trader Joe’s Quinoa and Black Bean Tortilla Chip. Like the ips, they’re filling so I can’t eat too many unlike regular corn chips.
4) Kit’s Organic Chocolate Almond Coconut Bar. My favorite bar of all of the bars is the one I’ll have for dessert if I’m still feeling hungry after dinner. It’s better than dessert because not only am I eating something sweet, but I’m also getting fiber and protein.
5) Unreal Candy. Okay, I know that candy is candy, but this candy has been unjunked. There’s no hydrogenated oil, no corn syrup, no GMOs and less sugar. I have a sweet tooth so if I want some candy this is the way I choose to go. It’s good and what’s cool is that I don’t crave more candy after eating one of the bars or a bag of chocolate candies.
All of these snacks are great, but I urge you to remember what I sometimes forget: These bars are snacks and aren’t meant to follow a full meal. They may be tasty and natural, but they’re still food with a good amount of calories. But if you need something to eat on the go, these are good choices. All of the bars are gluten-free except for the Carrot Cake Luna Bar and Unreal candy, which don’t contain gluten, but may contain traces of wheat (Luna) or are processed in a facility contains wheat (Unreal).
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, but I was sent ips chips and LUNA bars.