This article contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything, once you click through, you will not be charged any additional fees, but we will be paid a commission by the advertiser. As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting MomsLA.com.
Zingo! Word Builder Game
This fast-paced version of Bingo with an educational twist was truly a delight to our family. We love playing games together and never miss our weekly scheduled family game night. Board games always top our birthday and holiday lists and we are always on the hunt for a new game to play. Zingo! Word Builder was the perfect educational and fun game for my kindergartener.
This fun, interactive game encouraged my son to review basic sight words as well as learn new words by building them himself. He loved sliding the Zinger and quickly grabbing the letter tiles before I could. He had a blast building three-letter words and reading them aloud.
As a former kindergarten teacher, I liked the game’s goals of improving spelling, word recognition, letter sounds, and consonants/vowels. With two levels of play, it’s a great game for both beginner and more advanced readers. This is definitely a game that will aid him in kindergarten and beyond. Zingo! Word Builder is a great game to pass on to his sister — and for me to use in the classroom. This was our first time playing a Thinkfun game, but I know it will not be our last!
Key Features of the Thinkfun Zingo Word Builder Board Game
- It allows between 2 and 6 players,
- It’s for grades K–2.
- The game includes 1 Zingo! Zinger, 72 letter tiles, 6-double-sided Zingo! cards, and a Learning Guide with ideas for other ways to play.
- There are two levels of play.
- It builds vocabulary and teaches spelling patterns.
What We Love About the Thinkfun Zingo Word Builder Board Game
- It has a variety of letter tiles — It creates hours of educational fun as many words can be formed making each game session different than the time before.
- It was constructed thoughtfully — The plastic tiles and game boards highlight vowels in red to make it easy for beginning readers to distinguish between vowels and consonants.
- There are two levels of play — The different levels for beginner and advanced readers make this a game that will encourage reading practice from K–2 grade.
- The Zinger is fun to slide and easy to use.
- It comes with good instructions — The instruction manual and learning guide provide tips on how to use the game as a learning tool.
- Cleanup is simple — The game is easy to clean up as you can reload the double-sided tiles in the slots of the Zinger as well as store tiles when you’re not playing.
- It’s easy to put together and requires no batteries — It was ready to play with right out of the box.
I absolutely love toys that encourage learning and this game does not disappoint! We are constantly looking for games that are fun, durable, educational, and have the ability to keep children engaged. I was excited to have an opportunity to review this game and I am eager to recommend it to other mothers and teachers. Now I know what games to buy next and we will definitely be checking out the Thinkfun site as his sixth birthday approaches.